The consultation is the ideal time to get to know a potential plastic surgeon, learn more about their approach to care, and ask how they can help you address your concerns with a breast reduction. Knowing which questions to pose can help you determine if a particular physician is right for you. Dr. Neal Goldberg, our board-certified plastic surgeon, recommends asking the following:
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Are you a member of any professional organizations, such as the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery or the American Society for Plastic Surgeons?
- How many breast reductions do you typically perform?
- What approach do you recommend for me and why?
- Are there any alternatives to consider?
- What results can I expect?
- Do you have breast reduction before-and-after photos I can review?
- Can I speak with any of your former patients or read patient reviews?
- What is included in the price of the surgery?
These questions are only the beginning, and you will likely have many more that are specific to your treatment plan and desired outcome. You want to know more than just your surgeon’s educational background. You also want to approve of their aesthetic and feel comfortable speaking with them.
For more help on choosing a top plastic surgeon, please talk to our medical team to learn more.