Which Areas of the Nose Can Be Addressed With Rhinoplasty?
Nose reshaping surgery, medically referred to as rhinoplasty, is a procedure designed to enhance the shape and proportions of the nose as well as to improve its function. Many people know that rhinoplasty can modify the width and shape of the nasal bridge and correct a deviated septum (which can make breathing through the nose difficult). Our board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Neal Goldberg, adds that nose surgery can also alter the nasal tip and the nostrils as well. If there’s something about your nose you would like to change, now may be the time to talk with our experienced surgeon about your goals.
Some of the areas of the nose that can be refined include:
- Nostrils – The size and shape can be modified to improve symmetry, enhance proportion, and facilitate nasal breathing.
- Nasal Bridge – Width and height can be adjusted to achieve better proportion and symmetry and diminish/enlarge the size.
- Nasal tip – Projection, angle, contour, and size can be revised to suit cosmetic goals.
- Septum – A deviated septum can be corrected or repaired to improve breathing through the nose.
- Nasal Hump – Humps and bumps can be trimmed and shaved down to smooth and refine the front and side view.
Rhinoplasty, like all cosmetic procedures, should be customized to suit the individual needs and goals of the patient. When you arrive for your initial consultation, Dr. Goldberg will discuss your aesthetic preferences and concerns and develop a personalized treatment plan designed to optimize your results.